Help with cuts - voluntary sector
The UK is currently undergoing a period of substantial cuts to local funding. While no-one debates the need to reduce the deficit, we’re concerned that these cuts might be happening in a non-Compact compliant way which threatens the sustainability of local services and voluntary sector providers.
Information for voluntary groups
We want to hear the details of any cuts you are experiencing or anticipating this financial year. Were you warned or consulted? Will you have to make changes to how you operate because of recent or proposed cuts?
The information you provide will better enable us to understand what is happening around the country, and to respond to this issue. Tell us if you want this information to be treated as confidential. Please email us or ring us on 0207 520 2451.
Resources for voluntary groups
On this website:
- Read our publications and resources about cuts.
- See how others have managed cuts in partnership in our case studies: particularly, case studies from Cumbria, Surrey and Hertfordshire may be useful.
- Q&A - 'Can they cut my funding?'
- Read our guide - 'How to safeguard Sector stability - using your Compact' (PDF 73KB)
- Read about how Thurrock have managed cuts
- Empowering the Voluntary Sector guide - 'Cuts - to challenge or not to challenge' (PDF 84KB)
- Open letter to the Chief Executives of local authorities (PDF 46KB) from our Chair, Simon Blake
Resources elsewhere on the web: