Compact Awards 2015: Shortlist announced
Compact Voice is pleased to announce the shortlist for this year's Compact Awards.
The awards celebrate excellence in partnership working between the voluntary sector and the public sector.
This year, we received almost 50 nominations. All of the shortlisted nominations demonstrate real, replicable examples of where partnerships across sectors are delivering tangible benefits for communities.
The theme of this year's Compact Week, is "Working together in a new commissioning landscape". As traditional commissioning structures are replaced by 'new commissioners', forming partnerships with these bodies is becoming increasingly important to ensure the voluntary sector's expertise continues to be fully utilised for the benefit of individuals and communities. We were therefore pleased to see that several of this year's nominations are for partnerships involving Clinical Commissioning Groups and Police and Crime Commissioners.
A booklet showcasing all of the shortlisted nominations is available to download below. The winners will be announced at a ceremony in London on Wednesday 4 November, and will be posted online shortly afterwards.
Compact Advancing Equality Award
- Redbridge Faith Forum
- Healthwatch Essex Learning Disability Ambassadors
- HENCEL Deaf Inclusion project
- HMRC Support for British Sign Languages Customers project
- Merton Voluntary Service Council Supported Volunteering Programme
- DCLG Women's Empowerment Fund
Compact Engagement Award
- Redbridge TB Partnership
- DCLG Neighbourhood Planning team
- Kent Jobcentre Plus
- Sussex Youth Commission
- Healthwatch Merton
- Tower Hamlets Community Intelligence Bursary
Compact Impact Award
- North Yorkshire Innovation Fund
- North Tyneside Making Every Adult Matter
- Leeds Rehab and Recovery mental health service
- Hastings Without Walls
Compact Innovation Award
- Leeds Mental Health Sharepoint project
- Redbridge Fit for Fun
- Redbridge Autism Ambassadors and RAAR projects
- Essex 555 project
- Merton Pro-active GP Pilot
- VCSE Stockton-on-Tees Health Initiatives
Compact Leadership Award
- John Dwyer, Cheshire PCC
- Councillor Simon Wales, London Borough of Sutton
- South Gloucestershire Compact Implementation Group
Local Compact Partnership Award
- Sefton New Realities Steering Group
- County Durham Voluntary and Community Sector Working Group
- Universal Support Delivered Locally pilot project team
- Warrington Third Sector Partnership